NOTES – USU Soccer hosts Utah Valley Friday at 5 p.m.
USU Game Notes | Live Statistics | Watch live
Utah State soccer (3-0-1, 0-0-0 MW) opens a four-game homestand on Friday, hosting Utah Valley (3-1-0, 0-0-0 WAC) at 5 p.m., at Chuck & Champ Gloria Bell.
Fans can follow the match with live stats and live video feed online at www.utahstateaggies.com.
• Utah State closed the 2020 campaign on a three-game winning streak and won four of its last five games of the season. In fact, USU have gone undefeated in the last five games of the season.
• Currently, Utah State are undefeated in each of their last nine games, which is the longest streak since the 2012 season, when the Aggies went unbeaten in 11 straight games.
Quick on the trigger
• All of Utah State’s goals this season came in the first 22 minutes of the game.
• Utah State has twice as many shots as its opponents this season, averaging 15.0 per game versus 7.5 per game for the opposition.
Best start since 2013
Utah State is off to its best start since the 2013 season, when the Aggies were unbeaten in their first five games of the year. The USU are currently undefeated in each of their first four games this season.
Cooking at home
• Utah State will play six of its first eight games at Logan and a total of 11 home games this season. The 11 games mark the most home games for the Aggies since the 2012 season, when Utah State also hosted 11 opponents in Logan.
• Utah State have won each of their last five home games and have shutouts in four of the last five.
MW Defensive Player of the Week
USU guard Diera walton was named defensive player of the week for Mountain West after registering back-to-back shutouts against northern Colorado and Weber State last week.
Speaking of Diera walton
• Walton has recorded one shutout in 13 games over his career and is fifth all-time in school history.
• Although Walton played club soccer, she was only a year in first grade at Jordan High School. However, Walton played for the Beetdiggers on the women’s basketball team, leading the team in scoring as a senior.
• Utah State have used a different starting lineup in each of their first four games this season.
• The Aggies have used at least 23 players in each of their games this season.
Utah State is 24-38-2 against Utah State Schools and has a winning record against Weber State, Utah Valley and Southern Utah.
Series vs. Utah Valley
Utah State is 5-2-0 against Utah Valley, including a 3-1-0 record in games played at Logan. The Aggies have won three of the last four games against the Wolverines, but the two teams haven’t met since the 2015 season.
Utah Valley Ties
• Utah State Assistant Coach Jessica evans graduated from UVU and was the Wolverines’ starting goalie during the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Evanson ended his Utah Valley career with 10 school records.
• Middle of second year of UVU Ashley Hugues and second defender Catherine wynn each began their college career at Utah State. Hughes has appeared in 28 games for the Aggies, playing in 309 minutes in the COVID-shortened 2020 season and 654 minutes in the 2017 season. Wynn started center-back in 16 of 19 games in 2019, playing in 1,544 minutes as a true rookie.