Melbourne foodie Ashely Alexander shares her recipe for the perfect green toastie
How to make the PERFECT toastie: Foodie reveals its cheesy recipe loaded with greens – and fans can’t get enough
- A foodie has shared a delicious recipe for her cheesy toast loaded with greens
- Ashley Alexander from Melbourne demonstrated the recipe in a TikTok video
- She uses chopped broccolini, arugula, zucchini and basil as garnish
- Then add the crumbled feta and the grated provolone and grill in a pan
A foodie has shared her recipe for a delicious cheese toast filled with healthy greens.
Ashley Alexander from Melbourne goes through Gather and Feast online and revealed how to make her green cheese toast in a video posted to TikTok.
The Grilled Cheese Sandwich is loaded with cheese and greens including broccolini, basil, arugula and zucchini.
Scroll down for video
Melbourne foodie Ashley Alexander, who goes through Gather and Feast online, has shared her recipe for a delicious toastie filled with greens and herbs
Ashley starts by cutting the broccolini and zucchini into small, thin pieces and roughly chopping a handful of fresh basil leaves and arugula.
She then heats a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the greens with chopped garlic and the zest of half a lemon.
After about two to three minutes on the heat, the greens start to look vibrant and Ashley removes them from the heat and transfers the mixture to a bowl.
Ashley starts by finely chopping the broccolini, zucchini and a handful of fresh basil leaves and arugula, then sauté in a skillet with garlic and lemon zest.
She crumbles in the feta, adds a handful of provolone cheese, and stirs to combine.
The foodie then butters two slices of sourdough bread and flips them over so the spread is on the outside of the sandwich.
She adds a layer of grated provolone to one slice, tops with her green mixture, seasons with salt and pepper then places the second slice of bread on top.
To toast the sandwich, Ashley places it in a pan over medium heat and cooks each side for about three minutes until golden brown.
She adds crumbled feta and grated provolone to the green mixture and puts it between two slices of bread with a little extra cheese and toast in a skillet with butter
Recipe: Green Vegetable Toastie
3 broccolini stalks
Small handful of arugula
Fresh basil leaves
Zest of 1/2 lemon
20 g feta cheese, crumbled
Small handful of grated provolone or another melting cheese
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
2 slices of sourdough bread
1. Finely chop the broccolini, zucchini, arugula and basil
2. Place a frying pan over medium heat, add a little olive oil and the chopped herbs and vegetables
3. Next, add the garlic and lemon zest
4. Sauté over medium heat until bright green – about 2-3 minutes
5. Remove from pan and add crumbled feta and provolone
6. Butter two slices of sourdough bread then turn the bread over so that the butter is on the outside
7. Add a little grated provolone then the green mixture on a slice of bread
8. Place the pan over medium heat, add the sandwich to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side
9. Sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper
Source: Gather and enjoy
Ashley Green’s loaded toastie video drew thousands of views, comments and likes on her TikTok and Instagram pages with many of her 343,000 followers eager to try the recipe.
‘This looks and sounds amazing! I’m definitely trying to do this!” one viewer wrote.
‘Oh, I’ll do this one. I think I can do it with vegan feta,” said another.
‘Ooo that’s my type of food. Yum, I can’t wait to try this! commented a third.