Diwali Special: Watch How To Make Motichoor Ladoos At Home
- 250 g of besan or gram flour, gives 500 g of boondi
- 500g sugar
- 400 ml of water
- A few sprigs of saffron or kesar
- 30 g of slivered pistachios
- 30 g of flaked almonds
- 500 ml of ghee or clarified butter for frying
- Food grade yellow color, optional
1. Pour the gram flour into a bowl.
2. Start pouring water into the flour mixture, little by little.
Start pouring water
Mix besan or gram flour and water with a whisk
Whisk to obtain a paste of consistency, neither too thick nor too fine
3. Whisk the mixture to obtain a paste-like consistency.
4. Add a little more water to the mixture and continue to mix well.
5. Check the consistency, it should not be too thick or thin.
6. Add the ghee or clarified butter to a saucepan and heat it.
7. Use a sieve to drain the besan paste into the ghee. Ideally, a 0 number colander is preferred for the motichoor ladoo.
8. Pour the batter over the sieve while the droplets begin to fry over medium heat.
9. Once the boondi begins to fry, use a colander or sieve to remove it.
10. The color of the boondi at this point should not be too dark, just remove it when it is yellow in color.
Scoop the fried boondi
Collect the fried boondi and let the excess oil drain
11. To make the sugar syrup: Add water to a kadhai or wok.
12. Add sugar to the water.
13. Continue to mix the water and sugar so that it does not stick to the surface of the container.
14. Bring to a boil and continue stirring.
15. Add a few sprigs of kesar or saffron to the mixture.
16. At this point, to make it colorful, you can add any food grade color of your choice – yellow, orange, green. However, ideally it’s perfect as it is.
17. Start adding the fried boondi to the sugar syrup.
18. Mix well together.
Mix the boondi and the sugar syrup
19. Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
20. Mix the boondi and garnish well.
21. Start rolling them into balls with your hands.
Roll the boondi to bind well
22. Bind them tightly so they don’t fall apart.
Keep them aside, let them cool and serve.
Tell us about your favorite dishes or recipes at [email protected]