Chef named James Beard tackles Charlotte airport lounge
Want a quality local meal but you have to take the plane? Now you can have both – Chef Charlotte Greg Collier of Lea and Louise and Uptown Yellow is now the Executive Chef of the Centurion Lounge at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Much like Leah and Louise’s Camp North End, Greg’s Centurian Lounge menu will serve up modern interpretations of Southern classics that celebrate foods from the Mississippi Valley: Memphis; Jackson, Mississippi; and New Orleans.
Show up ready to to eat. Menu highlights include:
- French toast topped with a compote of golden raisins and black pepper whipped cream;
- Leah’s Cabbage, a roast cabbage with andouille sausage and hot honey, and more.
Charlotte restaurateurs Greg and Subrina Collier are the owners of Bayhaven Restaurant Group, which owns Leah & Louise and Uptown Yolk, and is opening four new restaurants at Camp North End.
Greg Collier is a two-time finalist and semi-finalist for the James Beard Foundation Awards and has been featured in CharlotteFive’s The Skillet.
Earlier this year, the Colliers took the national stage as guests on Good Morning America.
ACCESS TO THE CENTURION LOUNGE: The lounge is open to members and their guests (depending on access, charges may apply for guests):
- American Express Platinum Cardmembers
- American Express Business Platinum Cardmembers
- American Express Corporate Platinum Cardmembers
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business Card Members
- Centurion® Members